Examples of prohibited content or links include (but are not limited to):
- IRC Software
- Pirated software
- Hacking sites, programs or archives
- Warez Sites
- Distribution of music files or any other material in which the account holder does not own the copyright.
- Adult Sites
- Game Servers (dedicated game server programs)
Housing of any of the following files is considered a violation of the terms of service: IRC – We currently do not allow IRC, Egg Drops, BNC, or IRC bots to be operated on our servers or network. Files with references to IRC or any likeness thereof are prohibited. Also any program that acts like an IRC server or that provide chat functions that run as background processes are not allowed. Proxies – We do not allow proxy servers of any kind, whether for personal or business use. Files with references to any proxy or likeness thereof are prohibited.
Port Scanning – We do not allow any kind of port scanning to be done on or from our servers or network.
Commercial Advertising – Email –
- High volume email deployments of any type are not permitted with any MiaShops shared account.
- Spamming, i.e. the sending of unsolicited email, from any MiaShops server or any server located on the MiaShops network is STRICTLY prohibited. MiaShops will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. This also includes Optin Optout mail programs and mail that either directly or indirectly references a domain contained within an account at MiaShops.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by MiaShops customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing or selling lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to or from any MiaShops-hosted domain, or referencing any MiaShops account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, text-bombing, unsolicited bulk text messaging or denial of service attacks is prohibited.
- Email address cultivating, or any unauthorized collecting of email addresses without prior notification of the email address owner is strictly prohibited.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org is prohibited.
- Claims related to DDOS Mitigation or any related service including, but not limited to, proxy protection, denial of service protection, denial of service mitigation or ddos or dos services.
- Any illegal or unlawful activity
- Any services intended to defraud, scam, defame, coerce or entice others into an unlawful activities.
Background Running Programs – We ask that users request permission before enabling persistent background processes of substantial load.
PHP Shell – PHP Shells or any likeness thereof are prohibited. Files with any reference to PHP Shells or likeness thereof are prohibited.
Server Abuse – Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a MiaShops server or subscriber of MiaShops is strictly prohibited including, but not limited to:
- Logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access
- Accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network
- Tampering, hacking, modifying, or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures without proper authorization
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer’s functionality or the operation of the System
- Interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information
- Interfering with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, by means of overloading, “flooding,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing” any computer system
Password Security and Account Authorization: MiaShops provides customers flexibility over their own passwords, account access and authorization procedures. Customers are responsible for selecting the appropriate authentication procedures and selecting the proper information which will be used to authenticate the account. It is the responsibility of the customer to protect the information used to authenticate their account. Account access, password security and server security are the responsibility of the customer. MiaShops will not be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, that result from unauthorized account access, password compromise or hacking.
Technical Support: MiaShops Support includes access to technical support provided via phone, email and livechat. MiaShops technical support is strictly limited to the direct customer of MiaShops and not to in-direct client. For example, a client of the MiaShops Customer is not entitled to Support from MiaShops and should at no time be given Account Access, Passwords, or Passphrases for MiaShops Support. It is the obligation of the MiaShops customer to ensure compliance with this policy.
Scheduled Maintenance and Downtime: MiaShops will use its commercially reasonably efforts to provide services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Subscriber acknowledges that from time to time the services may be inaccessible or inoperable for various reasons, including periodic maintenance procedures or upgrades (“Scheduled Downtime”); or service malfunctions, and causes beyond MiaShops control or which are not reasonably foreseeable by MiaShops, including the interruption or failure of telecommunications or digital transmission links, hostile network attacks, or network congestion or other failures. MiaShops will provide at least 48 hours advance notice to the subscriber for Scheduled Downtimes, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimize any other disruption, inaccessibility and/or inoperability of its web servers. MiaShops has no responsibility for downtime resulting from a user’s actions. Also, the 100% network uptime guarantee does not apply for shared accounts.
Refunds: Refunds will be posted for monthly plans only covered under the 30 day money back guarantee. Domain names, annual hosting plans, website design, templates and other web services are not included for the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Notice of cancellation must be given before the month in question begins. Setup fees are NON refundable. $15.00 will be deducted from the money refunded if the user’s domain was registered via MiaShops free domain registration method.
Any violation of MiaShops Terms of Service Agreement shall result in no refund.
Promotional Use: MiaShops may refer to You, Your company, or your logo’s for promotional purposes. Your company name, logos and the services that were provided to the customer by MiaShops may be used in promotional materials, advertising, marketing releases, newsletter, public disclosures and on the MiaShops website. This reference will be strictly limited to disclosure that MiaShops has provided services to the company and will not contain any confidential, sensitive or proprietary information in such a reference. The reference will also not provide any personally identifiable information about the individual or technical information regarding the server configuration and design used by the customer at MiaShops. However, MiaShops may disclose any information requested by law enforcement or when compelled by court order, applicable laws or regulations. Any work or professional services performed or provided by MiaShops under this Agreement shall not be deemed .Work For Hire,. but MiaShops shall grant a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to You, for the duration of this Agreement, its employees, affiliates, and third parties commissioned by MiaShops.
Limitations on Use: Any account using 15% or more of the server CPU or memory can be suspended and/or terminated. Any account that uses excessive amounts of bandwidth can and will be subjected to bandwidth throttling. Background Processes. Unauthorized background processes shall result in immediate termination of the account. MiaShops maintains the right to cancel accounts at its discretion.
ChargeBacks: Client agrees not to file chargebacks for services provided by MiaShops.com. Any chargebacks filed will terminate your MiaShops account and result in forfeiture of all software, domain names and hosting services registered under MiaShops until resolution of chargeback disputes. Client agrees to use the monthly billing option for “trial” of services (only good for the first 30 days of service). Client agrees that should they choose to discontinue services they should NOT pay their bill for subsequent month/year of service. Any payments made by client constitute acceptance of these terms.
Account Setup, Termination, and Billing: The account will be charged on the day the order is processed, regardless of the account billing date. The account will not be charged again until the next month’s billing cycle. Billing dates are recurring on the day the account was opened.
Check Orders: Accounts for subscribers who wish to pay by check will be setup when the check is received by MiaShops.
Disabling of accounts due to overdue payment: Accounts will be disabled if payment is not received within 14 days of the invoice date. If your account has been disabled, you may be charged a reconnection fee of up to $50 in order to re-enable your account.
Termination of accounts due to overdue payment: If the account is not paid within 30 days of the invoice date, the account will be terminated and all information within the account will be deleted.
Cancellation Procedure: Valid proof of account ownership will be required to terminate an account. This includes, but is not limited to, the billing password or an account passphrase created by customers. Non-secure information, such as the contact email address or account billing address, is not sufficient as a security verification. The month-to-month agreement for services is automatically renewed each month in perpetuity subject to written cancellation via help desk ticket or email sent to support@MiaShops.com (email subject to valid proof of account ownership). MiaShops is not able to schedule cancellation requests.
Parked Domain Names: There is a one-time fee of $15 for parking additional domain names. This fee is nonrefundable.
Add-on Domain Names: Additional domains that point to a sub folder (Virtual Domains) are $5 per domain per month. This is a nonrefundable fee.
Domain Name Transfers: MiaShops shall not be held responsible for domain transfers. The account holder is responsible for completing any necessary domain name transfers.
Free Domain Name Registration: MiaShops will register any available .com, .org, or .net domain for free upon creation of a new account. The free domain offer does not apply to existing accounts, or to orders that did not request the free domain registration at the time the order was placed. Free registration is for the first year only, subsequent renewals are $15 per year that the domain is renewed for.
Courtesy Services for Customers: All services such as backup and Cpanel are provided for the courtesy of the subscriber. It is the sole responsibility of the subscriber to maintain the subscriber’s own backup of any data. MIASHOPS is not responsible for lost data or for lost data due to third party software that is not maintained by MIASHOPS programming staff. (Cpanel is not associated with MIASHOPS)
Limitation of Damages or Liability EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN THE SLA, MIASHOPS and MIAWEBS, INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR HARM CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO CUSTOMER’S SERVICES OR INABILITY TO UTILIZE THE SERVICES UNLESS CAUSED BY WILLFUL MISCONDUCT. MIASHOPS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR LOST PROFITS, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. NOT WITH STANDING ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS TERMS OR SERVICE AGREEMENT, THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF MIASHOPS AND ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR AFFILIATES, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW SHOULD NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES IT HAS COLLECTED ON THE ACCOUNT. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THIS TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT, MIASHOPS PROVIDES ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED AND DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMER SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SELECTION, USE, AND SUITABILITY OF ANY PRODUCT AND SERVICE AND MIASHOPS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE FORGOING. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING SECURITY OF SERVERS.
General Terms Of Service are subject to change without any prior notification. These Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between the subscriber and MiaShops By opening an account, the subscriber agrees to the above-stated terms. Anything not listed in the Terms of Service is open to interpretation and change by MiaShops administrators without prior notice. All prices, with the exception of the 30-day money back guarantee on monthly plans, are nonrefundable and nonnegotiable. The 30-day money back guarantee does not pertain to Annual Service Plans that have been paid in full. If you would like to “try” MiaShops service please use the monthly plan option. You may upgrade from the monthly plan to an annual plan by paying the cost difference at any time. Any violation of these Terms of Service will result in termination of the account. MiaShops maintains the right to terminate accounts without prior notification. We reserve the right to remove any account with 24 hours prior notice.
Dispute Resolution: Any dispute between MiaShops and a subscriber shall be determined by arbitration conducted by the American Arbitration Association pursuant to its commercial arbitration rules. The arbitrator shall decide any dispute in accordance with Idaho law, without the application of choice of law principles. Each party shall bear its own expenses and legal fees for the arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted in Canyon County, Idaho, unless both parties agree in writing to a different location. The arbitration award is enforceable as a judgment of any court having proper jurisdiction.